Monday, September 25, 2017

Just Want To Enjoy Football Again

First, I will make this clear...IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM DO I AGREE WITH OR CONDONE DISRESPECTING OUR FLAG IN ANY WAY...

Now, this is my opinion on this clusterfuck that is happening in this country right now. I have A LOT of different feelings about a lot so bear with me before you get all high and mighty on your soapbox. Try to be open minded because not everyone is going to agree with you. Not everyone is going to see your point. Not everyone feels like you or thinks like you. If people dont want to respect my feelings or opinions, I honestly dont give a fuck because they wont change. Im not one to conform to what is "right", Im not a follower. I have my thoughts, this is my blog so Ill say whatever the fuck I want.

Ive NEVER seen more division in this country before. It makes me sick to my stomach. It has me afraid for the young children who are being raised in this bullshit. This is not what America is about. 

Just because you support a person or a cause, it doesnt mean that you have to like everything about it. It doesnt mean that you have to accept things that bother you or just arent right, to you. With that said, I never get political. I voice my opinions about some things but never to the point where I know it will get radical or out of control. Main reason being, how I feel, who I support in what...DOESNT FUCKING MATTER! 

On that note...We are a military family. The way this country deals with the military, executive decisions that are made, affect my family..whether its my son in law who serves, my husband who served 15 yrs or my countless friends that have served and still serve today. Taking a knee at these professional sports games if disrespectful! It shouldnt be allowed. It even states in the NFL rules that players, owners, etc should stand when the National Anthem is played. When Kaeperdick started this, I was pissed. Then others followed and as this went on in the league, I realized that my feelings didnt matter. Honestly, he has the right to do this. They all have the right to do this. Do I feel like its wrong? FUCK YES! The National Anthem represents the men and women who served, who serve and especially those that have died for this country. I take it personally. Ive had friends who have given their lives for this country. I have people that sacrifice their lives to fight for this country. My husband gave 15 yrs to this country. I dont feel like "taking a knee" or refusing to stand does anything but disrespect those that the National Anthem represents.

These players that are "protesting"...they have chosen to use the WRONG situation, the WRONG platform to make their cause known. If you are protesting oppression, etc...what does the National Anthem and those it honors have to do with that?! I get that minorities deal with racist bullshit on the daily. I get the different treatment they may encounter on a daily basis simply because of their skin color. Its not right, its disgusting! Hell, being Asian..I get stereotyped too! Not to the extreme that African Americans do but it happens. Ive dealt with racism before. Being called a Chink in elementary school, being an Asian Jew...WHOA! That wasnt "normal". (I was adopted by white parents when I was 8 mths old) There are ways to make your cause known but you need to make sure that its being directed to the ones that can actually make a change. The service members who died for this country, the ones who the National Anthem honors, cant do anything. THIS FLAG IS WHAT THEY DIED FOR. Disrespecting the anthem DOES mean you are disrespecting these fallen heroes. 

Instead of taking a knee, why dont ALL of these sports figures organize a PEACEFUL protest march. A PEACEFUL rally to make their point. Yes, NFL games have a huge audience. But in my opinion...fuck, JUST PLAY BALL! Im not discounting their feelings. Im not saying that ball players are good for only  playing ball. Im saying you get paid A LOT of money to do what you do, do something that can really make a change. All this is doing is dividing everyone even more and for me personally, it has turned the ONE thing that brings me joy every week, the ONE thing that brings me total happiness..into a total shitshow full of political BULLSHIT! THAT is what pisses me off about this whole thing.

As far as what started this...yea, Kaeperdick did however President Trump's speech at the rally in Alabama really amped shit up more than it needed to be. I get his point, I agree for the most part but fuck...the way he said it and came across..NOT GOOD AT ALL! Calling them SOBs, the way he tweets without thinking, TO ME...its just not appropriate and its not Presidential. Calling out Steph Curry was just petty. Steph made it known MONTHS AGO that he wasnt going to go to the White House right after they won the Championship. So what?! Alot of players didnt want to go. A lot of my Patriots DIDNT go when it was their time. They have that right. But because a RECENT interview with Steph happened where he stated again, he didnt want to go and they would discuss it as a team...Trump called him out on Twitter and rescinded the invitation to the team. To me, that was some petty high school bullshit. Some love Trump for his lack of filter. Some hate him for it. I feel like he needs to get off Twitter and he needs to word things more professionally so more people will want to listen. I predicted on Saturday that there will be a show of numerous teams and players taking a knee and responding to his speech in Alabama. I was right. I think that these players and owners who spoke up, took a knee, linked arms together..it wasnt so much a protest of their beliefs but more of a FUCK YOU to Trump. SO here we have MORE division in this country and not only are people that stayed quiet before are now speaking up...there is just so much anger. Trump gets TONS of disrespect. I think its wrong. Hes the POTUS, no one in that position should be disrespected, if not only for the fact that he is the leader of this county, whether you like it or not. To be fair, Obama got disrespected too. Its just wrong as a whole. Trump has a problem with inserting his foot in his mouth and he has a problem with the way he name calls and calls people out...in other words, his Twitter looks like a high school kid's account. He is the President, he has done some great things for this country, some questionable but he needs to work on the way he presents himself. These players, owners...of course they are going to support each other. Its a family. Just like I have my military family. Some people took a knee, some stood, some stood and linked arms. Some teams chose not to participate and stayed in the locker room. You cant blame these guys for supporting their brothers, their family. If you follow certain players, you know what their stance is. I was actually disappointed in the many Patriots players that took a knee. Devin McCourty did a press conference after to explain why they did this, bcos the Pats players have NEVER taken a knee. He explained that he knows people will see it as hate, that they would see it for something other than the reason they were doing it. He went to say that a lot of players came to him, as a leader, confused on what to do and how to deal with this. They took a knee as a sign of unity and support for those that were called SOBs the night before. He stated how much they do support our military, alot came from military families. Like I said before, this is where I feel the wrong platform was used to get their point across. Ive followed D-Mac for YEARS. I dont agree with the actions at all but I can see it from his point of view. However, Ive lost a lot of respect for him that I once had. Alejandro Villanueva of the Steelers is a FUCKING HERO! Former Ranger who was the LONE Steelers player that came out and stood for his National Anthem! Sunday's "protest" was not about the cause, I feel. I honestly think it was a show of unity against the harsh words that our President said. Yes, he is our President..whether anyone likes it or not.

A random thought...how the fuck are the Jaguars and Ravens gonna take a knee when our anthem is played IN LONDON but stand for God Save The Queen??? Way to show England how much you disrespect your own country..yall looked like fools and Im sure everyone at Wembley had a great laugh at your expense. Sad thing is, it was at this country's expense.

Keep politics out of sports. PERIOD

My Sundays are the day of the week I anticipate most. If you didnt know, I am obsessed with the Patriots. Have been for a long time. But in recent years, I realized how much joy I truly get from watching my favorite football team. I love sports in general. I watch baseball, championship games in basketball, hockey, soccer, the Olympics, etc. Its exciting for me to see these athletes accomplish what few can. The high level of competition. The unpredictability of the outcomes (usually lol). It gives me a rush. My family knows not to call me during the Pats games. My friends know that Im stressing through out the game. The friendly banter is fun. Sports brings people together. Politics has ruined it, as of late. While I get it, I hate it. Yesterday I was so excited because my favorite game of the season was on. My Pats against the Texans which is my 2nd fave team. I woke up and didnt feel the excitement I usually do. Because I knew the BS from the weekend would come to light. Instead of these teams playing, the main focus would be who took a knee and the protests. Teams, broadcasters..all taking sides, giving their views...who gives a shit?! I want to hear who is favored, I want to hear stats, I want to hear about match ups, who could break records, etc. This political shit ruined it for me. The Pats won in an amazing finish in the last minute of the game. Usually I wouldve been on a high for quite a while after. I would usually be going back and forth with banter between my friends and I on FB. None of that because every other post was about the fucking protests. Some of my friends have decided to boycott the NFL. Totally respect that and see their point. I wont. I wont give up what makes me happy. I will, however, not watch until after the anthem is over. Im over all of this. I want to see them play, thats it. Its just sad to me that America's favorite past time has become such a loaded crock of shit. 

Again, let me say that my political support has no bearing on my opinion of whats happening. I understand both sides of this, both sides have gone about this in a fucked up way. Also, let me add that I refer to Colin as Kaeperdick because he is. Oh and I dont believe he is being blackballed by the NFL. I think he isnt on a team because he sucks at his job, playing football. I also think that until Hollywood and all of these sports figures really make a difference (besides running their mouths to the press) they need to do their jobs and stop using their celebrity status to further divide this country. 

Just a month ago and since then, this country was slammed with multiple hurricanes causing catastrophic damage. Earthquakes in Mexico and all over the world. Houston, Florida, especially Puerto Rico and Mexico are suffering. As in wondering where food will come from. If only people would worry about these things instead of those things, maybe a difference could be made. During this weekend, my friend who has family in PR offered to take up donations to send to PR. On her own dime. I reposted for her many times. Almost NO shares, NO comments, NO support...but tons of comments on football posts, etc...thats a fucking problem in itself!


GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment